Downlands Tree Surgery recognises the importance of health and safety at work to help protect staff, employees, the general public and property.
The steps we take help keep risk to an absolute minimum:
- Risk assessments are recorded for each operation to identify potential hazards. This enables us to take positive steps to reduce risk and produce a ‘safe system of work’.
- All climbing and rigging equipment is regularly inspected and records kept conforming to the ‘Lifting Operations and Lifting equipment Regulations 1998’. (LOLER).
- Downlands is fully insured with public/products liability insurance to £5million and employers’ liability to £10million. We will happily provide a copy of the policies on request.
- Downlands is always happy to provide a Method Statement.
- All staff are trained, qualified and hold relevant NPTC certificates and work to British standard 3998.
- We work in accordance with Working at Height Regulations 2005, and the guidelines set out by the Arboricultural Associations’ publication ‘A Guide to Good Climbing Practice’.
- Staff are first aid trained.