Downlands Tree Surgery Ltd. has carried out commercial tree services in Somerset and the surrounding areas, for businesses within Somerset, Wiltshire, Hampshire & North Dorset since 1997.
We contract our services to a wide range of commercial organisations – country estates, schools, business/industrial parks, campsites, nursing/residential homes, construction and development companies among others.
At Downlands, we take our tree work and our responsibilities seriously.
- We are a ‘CHAS’ accredited company (Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme)
- Staff are trained, qualified professionals holding NPTC and First Aid certificates and ongoing CPD.
- Equipment is regularly inspected as is legally required under the LOLER regulations
- Health & safety is a key policy we carry out Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- We have public liability insurance to £5million and employers’ liability to £10million.
- Roadside Chapter 8 certificated for siting of men at work signs when working on roadside trees.
- Tree surveys for bat roosts
- Tree Work to British Standard BS3998 : Tree Work Recommendations 2010.
If you require a tree survey to assess the condition of your trees we can arrange an on-site meeting to discuss your requirements. Whether you require a long-term contract or a one-off visit please get in touch.
WHEN TREES ARE YOUR BUSINESS
- Trees embellish your company car park, grounds or gardens.
- Trees providing shade for your reception area, or a view from your office that changes with the seasons.
- Trees soften the urban landscape creating a positive and healthy environment.
- First impressions matter and trees enhance the appearance of any business premises.
On the other hand, trees can also take up room where it’s needed and cast shadow where light would be preferable. In decline, trees can also present a potential hazard you would do well to address.
So it makes sense to put the care of your trees in experienced, professional hands.